Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Through the Palisades


Sat. Oct. 27, 2007

9am - 11 miles

Headed up to 4th and Marguerita at 9 am to meet the team and do a steady 11 miles on the "north rollercoaster loop" which runs through northern Santa Monica into the Palisades. It was a descently hilly loop, but nothing too bad. We started out pretty slow, just jogging the first mile or two. We ran in a small group for the first 1 or so with Eric, Matt, Dennis and myself, and of course no Ozzie today. He is supposed to be my training partner and I have seen him twice in the past 6 weeks, yea, I am getting alot out of training with him. So after the first mile we hit hit a nice steady incline for about a half mile or so, and Matt decided to start picking up the pace, so this was where the group split. We strung out a bit, and at first I was having a hard time keeping up becuase he is such a good hill climber. After a little bit I decided to push a bit just to catch him, and from then on him and I cruised the run at a good clip. After like 3 miles or so, we slowed down just to let Libby catch us cause he was running by himself. We ran through some really nice houses up there. Russell Crowe, Britany Spears and a couple other big names celeb houses. After a while though, Matt and I decided to pick up the pace a bit and we ended up leaving Libby a little ways back, but he was only doing 8 miles, so he was going to turn off soon anyways. Matt and I probably cruised our last 3 miles between 5:30-5:00 min mile pace, and it felt pretty relaxed. So all and all it was a good run.

Then I went to work for 6 hrs, hooray.

11 miles today - 1.08:02

No comments: