Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Monday Bloody Monday


Mon. Oct. 8, 2007

Ocean Ave and San Vicente

Santa Monica, CA


So I have had some stomach issues these past few weeks. As most runners have had in the past, I have been having problems while running where I need to stop and take a heaping dump. The problem however, does not stop there. Once I start it has a tendency to keep going. So lately I have been trying to figure out a game plan for tackling this issue. I know I eat pretty good, but its more of an issue of when I eat, timing is everything. So I have to try new methods to my eating habits to ensure this crap ends, literally. People at Maine have seen some of the issues that I have had, they are ridiculous, and for all the peeps who were with me that magical day on Magnolia rd. in Boulder, they now know sleeves are great to have on a run.

Woke up at 6am to eat a bowl of cereal, I have been trying not to eat cereal cause of the sugar content, but at 6am i really don't care too much. After eating that I go back to bed for a another hour or so then wake up and go for a 3 mile run. Stretched a little and did some abs and pushups, then went and had a 5 egg white omelette with broccoli and an ALIVE meal supplement. Then went to work for 5 1/2 hrs.

At 5 pm I had practice, now this is where I have had my problems with the stomach. Not before practice, but right around 3 miles in. So today I was hoping there were going to be no problems, and thank the Lord, there were none. I just have to be cautious of what I through in the old garbage disposal before I run. Mondays are usually a steady paced run with a tempo either in the middle 2.1 miles or the final 2 miles of the 6.75 mile run. Today it was at the end. So we started off easy, then gradually picked it up to a nice steady pace of around 5:55 or so and then ran the last 2 miles, which are slightly down hill, in about 10:15. Didn't feel that great when we first started the tempo pace, but eventually I got into a good grove.

We follow our Monday runs with a Brazilian Grass Circuit, which is some drills and then team stretching. Having the team around tends to make me much happier, so the more time I can spend with them, the better.
10+ miles today

2 comments:

Jeff Caron said...

"for all the peeps who were with me that magical day on Magnolia rd. in Boulder, they now know sleeves are great to have on a run."

...Ahh the memories!

P.S. If we ever want to go back for a visit, Colleen and Darren offered us a place to stay for a while.

Teri said...

heaping?? wow the visual!! j/k....keep trying new things and the issue will resolve, i think it is all timing and what you eat.....miss you love you!!!