Thursday, October 25, 2007

Grass Reps

Wed. Oct. 24, 2007

7:30am - 3 miles
2:30pm - 3 mile warm-up, 7x1000 rep. w/ 2 min rest, 2 mile cool down

This morning was like every other morning, did my run, stretched, ate and took a few hours of getting a lab report done. However, I was quite pissed to find out that the lab report wasn't due until next week, but its finished with now. Then ate my peanut butter, honey and banana on toast for lunch and headed to practice.

I warmed up at 2:30, did my drills and strides and then put on my light weight trainers. I have been recently running in my new Brooks Glycerine shoes, and I do like them alot, but having those and a heavy pair of orthotics in them really makes the shoes heavy. So i switched the shoes and headed to workout. Today's workout was 7 x 1000 rep w/ 2 min recovery running from 7th ave up to 11th and coming back down. This is all done on a grass island on San Vicente blvd. Skip read me the last workout I did here, and it was 5 x 1000 w/ 3 min recovery with an avg. of 3:01.
So today he wanted 2 more with 1 min less recovery per one, avg. about the same or so. So I went out and just wanted to be conservative for the first one, and I came in at a very comfortable 3:04. I felt pretty good today and knew it was gonna be a good workout, because I actually felt recovered from the past couple days and wanted to have a good workout. I would sip some water in between each rep., cause it was very hot today. My thousands for the day were (3:04, 3:01, 3:01, 3:02, 2:58, 2:57, 2:54) Avg. 2:59. I felt really relaxed and smooth today which was awesome. I also workout by myself, so throw someone else in there and I probably would have cruised a little bit faster. Very good workout day. Cooled down 2 miles and stretched a little, but not too much becuase I have to head to USC.

I think from where I am in Santa Monica for the workout to USC is about 15 miles or so, give or take a couple of miles. Every Wednesday I have to workout early so I can make it to USC for my lab. I usually leave right around 4pm hoping to get to USC in an hour, mind you its about 15 miles. Today took me 1 hr. 40 min. It is so frustrating to have to drive that long every Wed. and still be late to lab. Traffic out here is so bad, and there really is no way around it.

After lab, met up with Libby at Whole Foods and grabbed some grub and watched some of the Sox game there. I talked to my boy Jon for a little bit, good to hear from him and find out he is liking his new situation down in the city. For everyone who doesn't know, Jon and I grew up together about 20 ft. apart and did everything together as kids. Then I also talked to Jeff Caron, who I would like to congratulate on a nice $300 win at Foxwoods. Him and I just chatted about normal crap in our lives, running and girl situations, or lack there of. I will say though he has had more going on in that ballpark then me, keep swinging Jeff. Oh yeah and I almost forgot, I talked to the big Mark Lech today, my college coach. It was good to chat with him about things, and hear how things are going with the Black Bears.

13 miles today

2 comments:

Jeff Caron said...

Nice workout bud. It was good talking to ya yesterday.

mark said...

That is some awesome improvement from the last workout of 1000s!