Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Carbon Canyon Regional Park



Sun. Oct. 14, 2007

8am - 13 miles

This morning I woke up at 6am to eat a little bit of food before I start driving my 35 miles to Carbon Canyon Regional Park out in Orange County. It was a pretty sweet run, I won't lie. Damian, Matt and myself met up at about 7:55 at the park entrance and then drove up a block or two so we didn't have to pay the entrance fee. We started off pretty easy cause of the hill workout yesterday, but as the run went on we got into a nice comfortable pace. Damian was with us for a while then kinda fell off the pace and ran his own pace for the rest of his 50 minutes. Matt and I ran together for 32 minutes out and then turned around, cause Matt was only running an hour today. I ran back with Matt then added on an additional 30 minutes by myself on some different trails. It was a good run and I felt pretty good considering the tough hill workout yesterday.

After the run we went hoped in the cars and headed to find some food. Took us a few minutes but we found a restaurant called Minnie's. We pounded our Sunday breakfast, for me it was Oatmeal, pancakes, and bacon and eggs. I was quite happy.

Then I had to get outta there quick to head home, shower and go work. Something that I have to get used to is working on weekends after my workouts and long runs. I do miss taking naps during those days.

No comments: