Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Long Beach long run


Sun. Oct. 7, 2007

So after having a rough Saturday, there is nothing like waking up at 6am so you can eat something for breakfast before you go for your long run at 8am. I met up with Damian and Matt down in Long Beach for what I thought was gonna be a 13 miler at least with Matt and myself. However, Matt's legs were tired, apparantly finishing a XC race makes you more tired. So he only ran 25 minutes out and then turned around. Damian being an 800 guy, couldn't hang with us for more than a mile or so, but he put in a valiant effort.
The run was on the beach down there, it was kinda cool; because of the water break out in the ocean, there were no waves and the sand was pretty flat and hard, so it made for pretty good running, but there was the occasional deep sand pocket which always keeps you guessing. Ran out about 30 min on the beach then ran around some grassy area next to the Queen Mary, big ship. Then after a while turned and went back to the start. Good run, figured at least 13 miles. Brought some melon with me, so I was pretty pumped to have that once I was finished. Then Damian and I proceeded to dominate this cafe in town. I had a big bowl of oatmeal with banana, raisins, cinnamon, brown sugar and maple syrup, three eggs and then 3 big buttermilk pancakes with whipped cream banana butter and syrup.....DELICIOUS.
Then I topped the day off by going to work.

13 miles today

1 comment:

Teri said...

how bout some oatmeal for me...that sounds soooo goooooood............im jealous your on the beach.....miss you