Friday, October 26, 2007

Run around a park for a while

Fri. Oct. 26, 2007

7:30am - 3 miles
6pm - 8 miles

Had a little bit of a late start this morning. I set my alarm for 6 am, but kept hitting the snooze till 7:30. Who doesn't love that snooze button. Ran my 3 miles, then headed for a few hours of work.

Got back home and looked up some stuff on Oregon with Libby. New possibility: Come December, its gonna be either Oregon with Libby, or back to NY by myself. I'm almost 100% positive that I will not stay in CA after Dec. The weather is great and I love having Skip as a coach, but that is about it. The traffic here is too much, the running sucks, and by that I mean its all roads, and I prefer trails. So I have to decide whether I want to go home to NY and train with the Westchester Track Club, have the trails that I love to run on, a job working 30-40 hrs a week with my high school coach Nuge at a running store, and live at home with my parents which would be a nice comfort blanket becuase I do miss them and my family. The other option would be to go 1,000 miles north to Eugene, OR, and run with Team XO, not be positive until a few weeks from now about a job, housing (which I have considered buying a shitty RV to live in with Libby), but have tons of other great runners to train with in the Mecca of running. Besides the rain, can there be any place better than Eugene to train and run? I dunno, there is a lot to weigh on my plate for these next few weeks. I know I would like Eugene a lot more than here due to the fact that it is the Maine of the West Coast, minus the snow and freezing, and substitute cold and rain. I loved Maine except for the cold and snow that lasted FOREVER. I wouldn't mind hearing a few opinions if people want to comment, it is always good hearing other peoples thoughts.

Libby and I ran a bunch of loops around this sketchy park near the house here for a total of 6.5 miles for him and 8 miles for me. It was nice to get off the road for a day.

11 miles today

No comments: