Wednesday, November 28, 2007

SORRY FOR THE DELAY

Tues. Nov. 27, 2007

11am - 3 miles
6pm - 8 miles around the regional park

Mon. Nov. 26, 2007

7am - 3 miles
5pm - 3 mile warmup, 36x100 meter deep sand running, 3 mile cooldown

The deep sand running was kinda cool, annoying and hard at the same time. You could never really get a good step in, but the workout was hard enough.

Sun. Nov. 25, 2007

8am - 14 miles


Sat. Nov. 24, 2007

9am - 2.5 mile warmup, 4 x (2x300 w/ 1 min rest) 800 jog between sets, 2.5 mile cooldown. avg. 44

Fri. Nov. 23, 2007

6 mile run

Thurs. Nov. 21, 2007
DANA POINT TURKEY TROT 10K


Ok so here is the story about my Turkey Trot. First off the race was at 7am. Second, I did not sleep an ounce last night, I laid in bed for about 4 hrs not sleeping, just because I couldn't. I wasn't nervous or anything like that, I just couldn't fall asleep, and its the worst when your roommated does fall asleep then makes sleeping noises. So I hung out trying to sleep from 10:30pm - 3:15am, and once 3:15 came along I decided to go make breakfast. I ate my normal breakfast then came back upstairs and actually dozed off for about 45 min. WHICH WAS A BAD THING.
I was supposed to be out of the house at 4:50, and we didn't get up until 5:20, and by the time we were actually out of the house was 5:35. The drive was about an hour down south, and we were making fine time, we actually got off the exit for the race at 6:30, so I thought we were gonna be good. WRONG, WRONG. From there it took 15 min to go a quarter mile. So at 6:45am, Libby was driving, I told him I had to go, so I hopped out of the car and ran with my crap to the starting line. I got there and Skip was yelling at me, but I really didn't listen cause I had to try and salvage my race. However, it he had not gotten there when he did, real early, we all would have missed our race. I again want to say how great of a coach he is. Anyways, so I took a big dump and then did 3 strides and off we went. The race did not unfold the way I wanted it to. We went out real fast, since I really didn't warmup and was real tired, I had no idea what pace we were running. It was right around 4:40 for the first mile, after that I just backed right off and the lead pack just took off from me. There were probably like 4 times in the race that I just pulled over to the side and started jogging cause of how shitty I felt, but I reaffirmed myself and then got back into it. I passed 5k in about 15:35, and that was after jogging at a point to. I was by myself for the rest of the race, and jogging happened a few more times but I was still able to salvage a 32:30 out of it. Not too bad considering. The went home and slept for 3 hours, cooked dinner, and ate.

Wed. Nov. 20, 2007

OFF - Rest Day

Tues. Nov. 20, 2007

5pm - 7 miles

Mon. Nov. 19, 20077am - 3 miles
5pm - 2.5 mile warmup, 4x1000 3:00, w/ 2 min in between, 2.5 mile cooldown

The workout was the first one that we did on the track, but only in flats. It was more of ab easy workout because we have a Thanksgiving Day turkey trot. 3:02, 2:58, 2:58, 2:55.

Sun. Nov. 18, 2007

8am - 45 min run

Skip wanted us to take it easy today, and I am very happy that I did, cause I was exhausted.

No comments: