Friday, January 11, 2008

Things are getting back on target.....I guess

Fri. Jan. 11, 2008

10 am - 4 mile steady paced run around the woods.
4 pm - 8 mile run


Thurs. Jan. 10. 2008

10 am - 4 mile easy pace run, legs didn't feel super but they were there.
4pm - 8 mile steady pace run.

The steady run started off quicker I guess, and I really didn't feel too great but I just kept rolling with it and then it worked itself out to be an alright run.

Today was my boy Jon Brosnahan's bday. Hitting the milestone, 24. I went over to his place at like 9 and his family was just cuttin some cake, which I had to decline cause I eat way too many sweets. My gift to him was a box of peanut brittle that I paid 7 bucks for, which I bought off some kid in Bronxville, which he was selling for the New York Youth thingy. Not really sure if it was legit or not but the kid had a good spiel and I figured why not help out.

Also today Ryan and I hung out at Slave to the Grind in Bronxville, which is a pretty kick ass tea and coffee cafe right next door to the store that I am gonna be working at. We hung out for like 2 hours drinkin vanilla chai, which by the way I have become pretty dam fond of, and just talked about some stuff. Mostly we were BSing and talking about funny stuff that has been happening lately.


Wed. Jan. 9, 2008

11am - 7 miles with Nuge in Pleasantville ( NEW TRAILS ) I will get back to you with the name of them, but it was pretty sweet, and not flat.
4:30 pm - 4 miles with Greg Longarzo, but he biked.

The run with Nuge was pretty sweet, we had always known there was a little park area by Pace University, but we just never ran there. So we decided to hit it up. It was probably a 5-6 mile loop, for the most part it was awesome, but there were some really rocky patches. Which I did roll my ankle pretty dam hard once. Other than that there was a like 6 min hill near the end that was pretty steep too, but all part of the lure. Then we hit up a chicken parm sandwich on a roll.


Tues. Jan. 8, 2008

Today was day two of working down in NYC at the New York Running Co. It was like training for me for my upcoming managerial position. The commute is like an hour, not terrible, but the hours they want me to work, 4-9, are pretty crappy. Today I was able to persuade them to let me work from 10-4 because I was having a workout tonight with the Westchester Track Club for the first time.

The workout was at 6pm up at Irvington high school, which is like 15-20 min from me, so not too bad. This was the first time meeting a couple of guys on the team and the coach Mike Barnow, who I have been in contact with for the past couple of months. The only thing was was a bummer is that I still have that crap in my chest when I run, so it makes my breathing a little more difficult, but I came to BALL. Barnow had told me that I was going to be working out with Abiyot Endale, who ran 3:58 at the 5th aveune mile in the fall and has run 7:45 for 3k, so he is pretty good. Apparantly he had a race this Saturday coming up so it was an "easier workout" for him, which I am not really sure if that is true.

I told Barnow that I had been sick, so as an introduction day he was going to see how it went. The workout was 2x800 2:10 w/ a lap jog and 4x400 in 60 w/ a lap jog. Not too terrible i thought. So Abioyot and I did the 800's together alone and then a couple other guys hopped in with us for the 400's. The first 800 was 2:10 on the dot which felt pretty good, then the next 800 I ran 2:07 and he was 2:04. His first quarter was like 61-62, and that SUCKED. I was not ready for that, so I backed off and that took a little toll on the legs, but not too bad. Then the other guys hopped in and the were set up to lead the first quarter, and for all runners out there, this never equals something good, when fresh people jump into a workout mid-workout. So they led to a "comfortable 56sec quarter". Yeah it was not comfortable, and I had to back off if I was planning on finishing my first workout. SO I was about 60, and then Barnow told me that the next one was going to be my last. The next one I ran 58 which felt alright, just my chest had been tight for quite some time. SO I went ( 2:10, 2:07, 60, 58) not too bad, Abiyot was (2:10, 2:04, 56, 57, 57, 57). SO my new statement is that he is good. I am looking forward to working out with him over the next couple of months, so hopefully I will be able to stay with him for all the workouts, if so I have no doubt that I will improve to where I want to.

I also had a 2.5 mile warmup and 3 mile cooldown, then ate pizza at Nuge's house and told him about the workout.


Mon. Jan. 7, 2008

Today was my first day running in like 3 days because of this crap that I caught in my chest. I ran 9 miles down in Van Cortlandt, and it really didn't feel too great but whatever, I toughed it out and then laid down for a little while once I was finished.

Today was also my first day working with the New York Running Co. down in NYC. It wasn't too bad, all I pretty much am doing right now is learning the ropes.

1 comment:

mark said...

Looks like training will be pretty damn fun (and legit)! Hope the chest clears up.