Monday, January 21, 2008

Hills


Sat. Jan. 19, 2008

9:30am - 2.5 mile warmup, 1 mile tempo, 8x300 meter hills, 4 mile cooldown

Jeff came with me today up to the Rockies to do some running but he was only going for an easy run because he is racing tomorrow at the GBTC Invite . SO we got there and met with coach Mike and talked for a few minutes and met some of the new teammates that I never saw before. I will say some of the chicas are cute.

The Tempo mile was 5:02 and then the 300 hills were 51, 51, 50, 50, 50, 49, 49, 49. Didn't feel 100% again but I felt alright. I didn't try to kill myself on the hills either, I just wanted to put in the good work.

After the workout we came back to the house and I cooked some delicious steel cut irish oatmeal...I will put up a pic of what it looks like. Then headed down to the Armory to watch the New Balance Games and Jeff's teammate Jess Minty run in the professional mile. It was really cool to see her lined up against so many good girls....and my secret woman, Sara Bei....thats right BEI not HALL, in my mind she is still available. Her race didn't go as well as she had wanted but she still ran good for a season opener, 4:49. Then my teammate Abioyot Endale ran the men's race and ran 4:04.

Afterwards we headed to Coogan's pub to grab some food with the other athletes. I got a burger. After that Jeff and Jess took off back to Bean place and I went up to Nuge's to play UNO for money.....it was pretty sweet.

9 miles today

No comments: