Thursday, January 17, 2008

Stopping the chocolate

Wed. Jan. 17, 2008

7am - 4 miles - at a little faster than I would have liked.
4pm - 8 miles - descent pace but had some stomach issues.

So my legs felt like crap this morning from the workout last night, and it just made me a little tired, so I ate more oatmeal.

Today I had to work at the Greenwich Running Co for a couple of hours, the manager there is this kid Kyle. I can honestly say this is one of the funniest kids I have known; he makes work alot of fun, if you want to call it work. Afterwards I headed home and then took a nice 8 mile run at the Saxon Woods Park. From what I ate for lunch my stomach did not really agree with me but I made it through it. The only problem is that I think I re-aggrevated the top of my foot again. I think I have a problem of tightening my laces too tight and it causes some issues. I had a hard time walking later in the evening.

After dinner I headed to the Longarzo's for some much anticipated video games. We rock it out to Fight Night 3 and Call of Duty 4. Fight Night goes up and down cause we got some pretty dam good fighters. However, in Call of Duty I tend to DOMINATE. I hope they all read this, cause my teammate Diesel is not carrying his weight, and he needs to get cracking on the practice. OHHHHH YEAH....the chocolate. Yeah so I have HUGE addictions to chocolate and GO TO TOWN on candy when I go to Greg's, so I really need to quit, this is my testimony that I plan on cutting the chocolate down to once a week and not nearly as much as I have been having. I mean I ate a whole package of Milano cookies last week....COMON

12 miles today


Tues. Jan 16, 2008

11 am - 4 miles
6pm - 3 mile warmup, 2x1200 2x800 2x400 w/ jog lap recovery, 3 mile cooldown.

The whole workout was pretty much relaxed for the first half then pick up the pace. So for the first 1200 we were 76, 75, 67 (3:39). Next was a 1200 in 74, 73, 66 (3:33). First and second 800's were 68, 65 (2:13)(2:13). The first 400 was 59. and the second was 61-62. The whole workout felt really comfortable and there was no wheez in my chest. Plus it was also 25 degrees on the track. So not too shabby. I do like working out with the team, they are a good group.

13 miles today


Mon. Jan. 15, 2008

3pm - 9 miles with Nuge - Scarsdale Golf/ Bronx river bike path.

For some reason Nuge REALLY pissed me off today . DOn't know why, but he did. Not really gonna go into it, but I wanted to rip his head off. The run was fine.

9 miles today


Sun. Jan 14, 2008

8:30 am - 13 miles
Ran with the masters crew today at the Rockies for a steady 13 miles of not so flat terrain. We really didn't hammer, I think we averaged like 7:15-7:30 or so. It was a nice relaxed run where we all talked and had a good time. This was the first time I have had a group run in a LONG time.

13 miles plus strides


Sat. Jan 13, 2008

9:30 am 2.5 mile warmup, 1 mile tempo, 4x400 hill 4x300 hill, 2.5 mile cooldown

Good workout with the team at the Rockies. The hills were nice and quick but not overly fast, and the tempo was fine. Afterwards I went up to Greenwich running Co and worked for a few hours.

No comments: