Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 4 - 10

Mon - PM - 8.5 miles at a 6:15 avg.
6 x 200 at 29-31, 6 x 200 over hurdles 33-35

Tues - PM - 1 hour from work

Wed - AM - 30 min
- PM - 20 min warmup, drills, strides, 20 min cooldown
(2x800 2:10) (2x400 59)
(2:06, 2:07) (57.8, 58.3)

Thurs - AM - Massage...In retrospect I wish I hadn't gotten this so close to my race on Saturday because the guy who did the massage is a friend of the team and did 3 hours worth of work...stretching and Massage. I felt so tight and sore for a couple of days.
- PM - 1 hour very very easy

Fri - OFF

Sat - 2009 NYC Qualifying Challenge at Icahn Stadium - 800 meters
- AM - super easy 3 mile run
During the day I decided not to go to work and just wanted to relax. But also I decided that this would be a good day to brew my first homebrew. Probably not the best idea the day of a race. It actually kind of stressed me out and made have to move around alot of pots and water and never really rested. Then it actually made me late to get to the track and then had to do a modified warmup. When I got to the track I found out the meet was 10 min ahead of schedule so I rushed even more. Then as the race was supposed to go off they never got the heat sheets down and then we went off 30 min later....it was BS. During this whole time I warmed and and was staying loose and NOT ONCE did I feel good. Truthfully, doing that brewing actually made my legs feel like crap and I think it took a lot out of me. I ended up running 1:55.96 I believe, which I have done as part of a triple in the past. I was quite frustrated with that. Cooled down and went out to eat with Nuge, Cola, Jon and Andy. We went to Riverdale and ate some nice Sushi. Sunday I did not get a chance to run due to work.

Sun - OFF

No comments: