Thursday, May 28, 2009

May 25 - 31

Mon - Drove down in the morning with Abiyot, Deresse and Joseph to Ridgewood, NJ for a day of races. They had a 10k, 5k and mile. I did not race but just hung out and watched all these guys kill each other...it was fun. I did run about 25 min w/ Abiyot and do some strides, but that was about the extent of it. Deresse and Joseph went 1 and 2 in the 10k, Stephen and Abiyot went 1 and 2 in the 5k and Abiyot was 2nd in the mile. All and all it was a good day. Then I went home and slept for a bit and had a nice Memorial Day BBQ with the Brosnahan's.
Also, tonight Jon and I initiated phase 2 of the homebrewing and we siphoned the wort (or unfermented beer) from the primary fermenter to the secondary fermenter. This gets rid of all the junk that is in the bottom of the 1st jug. I wish I had taken

Tues - PM - 1 hour 4 min @ Rockies after work, descent pace. It was a pretty good run, felt relaxed and smooth and really haven't felt this good for a few weeks. I have also been taking iron supplements for the past week and hope that the little boost of iron has a role in feeling better.

Wed - AM - 30 min w/ Abiyot @ Vanny, pretty descent pace.
- PM - 20 min warmup, drills/strides, 18 min cooldown
(2 x 2k - 72,72,72,70,70) w/ Abiyot
(71,70,69,69,68 - 5:47) (71,71,70,70,68 - 5:50)
5 x 200 - 30 w/ 100m jog
This was a good workout, I felt alot better than I did last time I did this workout. We went through the first mile of the first 2k in 4:39 and it felt pretty easy and relaxed. So I believe taking it easy those past couple of days helped and I will continue to recover the next week.

Thurs - AM - 1 hour and 9 min w/ Abiyot. I ran down to Vanny and met him and then we ran the OCA and a few loops at Tibbets Brook Park and then finished at my house. I do like running in the morning because it just gets it done and then you can relax for the rest of the day. I am just so friggin lazy in the morning.

Fri - Today we left for Greg's bachelor party up in Petersburg, NY (photos to come). We are staying at a lake house in the middle of nowhere with 10 dudes....NICE.
- PM - 1 hour 4 min easy around lake loop (2.2 mile rolling loop on dirt road)

Sat - PM - 20 min warmup, drills/strides, 15 min cooldown
(4.4 mile tempo run - 22:32 - (11:14 1st loop, 11:17 second loop) (avg 5:08 pace)
Very nice tempo. Ryan drove either behind me or next to me for the whole thing playing some sweet techno music....it was pretty funny.
- Also, we played alot of volleyball and other activities throughout the day. It was a pretty fun trip.

Sun - PM - 1 hour 15 min run back @ Vanny
- Played alot of volleyball again before we left to come home. My shoulder is a little sore from dominating the other car.

No comments: