Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 11 - 17

Mon - OFF - very very very hungover...had a depressing weekend and partied too hard

Tues - PM - ran a very fast 7.5 miles in the evening on BXR path. Normally this run is somewhere around 48 min, but today it was 43 something.

Wed - AM - 5 miles easy in Vanny woods
- PM - 20 min warmup, drills and strides, 20 min cooldown
7 x 400 between 58 - 60 w/ jog lap rest w/ Abiyot
(59, 59, 60, 59, 58, 58, 57) This was a great workout, probably one of the better quarter workouts I have done, and I felt fairly smooth the entire way. The only problem was that we started pretty late, and the track gets extremely crowded on Wed night, so we were dodging and weaving.

Thurs - PM - Ran 1 hour and 5 min, probably quite a bit faster than I should have. I really should have taken this as a recovery day and I didn't.

Fri - AM - 30 min in the Vanny woods. Started very easy and finished fast. I can feel that my legs are tired and really should have gone easier.
- PM - 45 min easy from the woods to Vanny and back. I can feel that I might have been overdoing it the past couple of days.

Sat - AM - 20 min warmup, drills and strides, 20 min cooldown
2 x 2k (72,72,72,70,70) w/ 6 min rest
(72,72,69,70,70 - 5:54) I felt TOASTED during and after this.
(72,72) (70,73) DONE
SO i modified the workout and did 2 x 800 afterwards at 2:24 pace....which should have been easy....BUTTTTTT NOPE. I really struggled during the workout and realize that I should have taken it easier through the week.

Sun - 60 min at Twin Lakes train along the Hutchinson River Parkway...Mike wants me to race on Tuesday night @ Icahn for the Tuesday night series.

No comments: