Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 18 - 24

Mon - 30 min easy w/ Nuge at Hartbrook Nature Preserve and 5 x strides. My legs feel very junky.

Tues - 7 pm 1500 meters @ Icahn
I sat around all day and just rested. I felt tired all day, but just tried not to think of the race. I thought there might be some competition but there really wasn't.
I got there around 5:15 and hung out and warmed up at 6:15. I was the better person in the field by almost 15 seconds. So I just tried to run an even pace through the whole thing. It was about 70 degrees and pretty windy. 62 point and 62 point which rounded to 2:05 at the 800, then followed by a 64, so 3:09 and then I just finished up and ran OFFICIALLY 4:02. It was probably the slowest race that I have run in about 6 years. I did not feel very good, and yes I did win by about 12 seconds but that is irrelevant. I expected to run at least 3:55 even with no competition. I just felt very sluggish and tired and it is beginning to get frustrating because this is the second race in a row this has happened. Mike just assured me that I am probably still fatigued from a few previous weeks of good running and I must accept it. Jen Metz is also going through a similar tough stretch of racing where she knows she is in good shape and has been doing great workouts but it is just not clicking. We have both tried to figure it out together but to no avail yet. "It will happen" is all that we can say to each other and "keep plugging away". We just have to beleive it. Afterwards, Mike, Beau, Kelly and myself went to Arthur Ave. and had some kickass Italian food.

Wed - PM - very easy 45 min at Twin Lakes trail. My goal is to take it very easy this week and recover. I have a steeple that I am trying to get ready for in like 2 weeks and want to do well.

Thurs - PM - 48 min w/ Beau and Stephen @ Rockies. We started nice and easy and worked into a comfortable pace for the whole run. Talking and joking most of the run. Afterwards, I did 200's on the track w/ Steve. I did 10 200's w/ a 200 jog. I would run a 200 at 30-31, a 200 jog, a 200 at 33-34 over 2 hurdles and then a 200 jog. We did 5 sets of these and it was pretty comfortable.

Fri - PM - 50 min at a comfortable pace at Twin Lakes.

Sat - AM - 3 mile warmup, drills, 3 mile cooldown
(10 min tempo w/ Steve and then 8 x 60 seconds at a hard but comfortable pace w/ a jog back rest). This was a good workout. No real distance but a pretty good effort.

Sun - AM - 1 hour and 30 min w/ Beau @ Rockies.

No comments: