Friday, April 3, 2009

Getting Going

Since I am back in NY and have a consistent group to train with I will keep better track of my workouts and run and so forth. I will try to put some pictures up and all that stuff cause apparently all my other peeps who are doing the blogs are doing a much better job than me. I will get on the ball here.

Also, tonight I will be attending the first ever game at the new Yankee Stadium...Pretty dang excited to go there. They are playing the Cubs and hopefully does not get rained out because it crappy right now.

March 30th - April 5

Mon - 10 miles with Stephen from Van Cortlandt to the Railroad bed trail - easy pace

Tues - 7 miles at Vanny. Avg 6 min pace for the run

Wed - Vanny workout, 20 min warmup, 2 laps (1.44 miles per loop...so, 2.88 miles) on the flats with Abraham N'Getich, Joseph Ekuom, Barnabas and German guy
> 15:35 (7:53, 7:42) (5:24 pace)
3 min recovery
> 1 half lap, faster pace (3:30 hard)
> 4 x 30 sec hard 30 sec easy
This was a good tempo workout for me, felt pretty easy running that pace, so I feel that I am getting back into better shape.

Thurs - 1 hour at Vanny (4th day in a row here) supposed to be at an easy pace. Joseph, Elijah, Barnabas and I started out very easy and then gradually got into a quicker pace. Twice we had to tell Joseph to slow it down, but sometimes that doesn't always work. The last few miles were at a pretty fast pace...maybe 5:40's? With the last half mile - mile probably at 5 min pace or faster. Wasn't terrible but I was not really in the mood to be doing that. It was ok though, and gave a good laugh at the end.

Fri - Easy 1 hour run...I felt terrible. I wanted to cut it short after about 30 min, but I kept trudging. Also I went to the first ever Yankee game at the new stadium, it was quite awesome.

Sat - 20 min warmup, 18 min cooldown
> 2 x 2 min uphill
> 5 x 80 sec uphill
> 4 x 20 sec uphill (form work)
I am still building up the workload, but the workout was pretty good quality. I was working at a fairly good intensity.

Sun 15 miles at Rockies with Beau, Conor, John Cunningham and Mike Owens. We ran a pretty good pace for most of the run, I would say the average was around 6:20 pace or so. I did have to stop about 4 friggin times in the run for bathroom breaks...not the best thing cause I got cut up nicely by thorns. Also found a tick on me later in the morning when I got home.

I thought this was a good week, 70 miles on the dot. I wanted to do a little bit more but I thought back on how I had been sick and figured it was better to not kill myself this week. Next week I plan to be in the mid 70's, probably with a day off too.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results ~ Ben Franklin




No comments: