Friday, April 10, 2009

April 6th - 12th

We are finally starting to get better weather and that is making a huge difference in training and attitude. We have had a couple of days that were in the low 60's, so we are getting there. Things have been slow getting on the track but it is in the immediate future. I have been doing a bunch of tempo paced workouts and hard runs, so the track will come as soon as the weather stays consistent.

Mon - 1 hour with Joseph and Barnaba @ Vanny

Tues - AM - 25 min warmup, planned on a workout, but the weather was cold and windy and my body didn't get going, so I only got through 2x400 and then just did some strides. It was too early for me and my body was not responding.
- PM - easy 36 min with Nuge on BXR path

Wed - 25 min warmup, 25 min tempo at about 5:30 pace @ Rockies, 25 min cooldown. The pace was solid but it was also very hilly so it was more of an effort pace.

Thurs - AM - 1 hour 8 min with Joseph and Barnaba on OCA trail. The second half of the run we were running pretty dam fast, with the last 3-4 miles at a much faster pace and my legs were pretty tired from the workout the night before. A couple of times I started to slow down just to run easy but Barnaba kept telling me to get back up, so I did.
- PM - 30 min easy easy pace with Nuge at Hartsdale Nature Preserve

Fri - AM - 50 minutes also very easy with Joseph and Barnaba at Vanny. My legs are super sore from the past 2 days and I needed to recover today. I would estimate the pace between 7:15 and 8 minutes for most of the run.

Sat - Rainy and 50 degrees - 3 mile warmup at Rockies, some drills, 4 x 1 mile loop (3.5 min hard, and recovery to the start)followed by 4 x 75 second hills. The first 2 min of each interval was a long hill and then flat and then gradual downhill. I started the workout with Joseph, Stephen and Stuart. The four of us ran together for the first one, Stuart fell off after the first, so it was the three of us till the middle of the 3rd one, then I fell off. I was trying to hang in there though. Stephen and Joseph did 6 loops and averaged about 5:50-5:55 pace. Stuart and I finished the 4th loop together and our 4 loops were 23:45. So a fairly solid pace.
Then I finished the workout off with 4 hard 75 second hills.

Sun - 13 miles on the Colonial Greenway. Had a little bit of a rough day caused by the fact that I was up drinking till 3 am with Jon, Matt and Ryan at Rambling House. I didn't really get going till about 1pm and that was only due to the fact that I had to be done by 4pm for Easter dinner.

No comments: