Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back in NYC

I recently arrived back here in Yonkers about 5 days ago and so far so good. It is still taking me a little bit to get over that crap that I went through for the past like 5 weeks. The flu, knee pains, calf pains, fevers and finally I am getting over a sinus infection and ear infection which was caused by the fever. The past couple of days have been good training, fairly consistent with one or 2 harder days in there, but nothing really intense enough to consider a hard workout. My second day back I went with Stephen Chemlany, Richard Kiplagat and Beau Bettinger on a 10 mile run up at the Rockies which started real easy and finished the last 3-4 miles at about 5:45 pace...Stephen and Richard estimated. I didn't feel bad, but not great either. It is just getting used to running faster again. I felt as though I was in strong form when I was in Maine early in the winter, but then lately just feel sluggish and slow getting used to workouts again. Workouts were spread out and inconsistent during the last 5-6 weeks but I do not feel as though I am in bad shape, just not good shape. I think it will only take a few weeks before I am fairly good shape again. Running with this group can always get you into good shape quickly.

The next day after that run was a hill workout at the Rockies. The workout didn't go that well for me, but it was still a good start. 3x2 min hills and then a couple 75 second hills. My legs were just tired and not used to the hills, but like I said, it will take a few weeks. Then ran 14 miles with Beau the next evening and felt fairly solid, so I need to take the good with the bad. I did a good amount of mileage this winter and I know that once workouts start clicking, I will have a good outdoor season.

I am also working on finishing my beer brewing equipment collection....Only a few more things to go and then I will be ready to make the first batch. So friggin pumped.

No comments: