Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dangit

So the past 3 - 4 weeks have been a nice up and down for me with sickness and injuries. First, I started with the flu and was unable to run for about 5-6 days...it was one of those knock you on your ass flu. Then after that, it took a few days or so to get back into running cause I felt terrible. Then once I got rolling again, I decided to get a new pair of Saucony Guide's...Ran in them for about 3 days and everyday my toes or feet would kind of go numb. Then on the 3rd day I went for an easy 9 miles with Riley and my left foot went numb then I felt a click in my knee and that hurts (mentioned this is the previous post). Then I went out to California with the Maine team for a week of training and a meet at Cal State Northridge. On Thursday I did workout with Riley where I used spikes for the first time in about 4-6 months. Then we did some fast 200's and 100's...and I strained both my calves and have been having a REAL hard time running this past week. Then today after trying to take it easy by cross training, I come home after the teams practice and I start feeling like poop again...yep, Definitely have a 102 degree fever....My awesome past month just continues...so this hopefully will be kicked shortly....Big cup of NYquil can always help too

No comments: