Wednesday, June 24, 2009

June 15 - 21

Mon - 33 min easy and some strides at Rockies w/ Ryan Schinnerer

Tues - Tuesday Night Speed Series @ Icahn Stadium - 1500 meters - DNF
- 800 meters - DNF
2 mile warmup, drills/strides, 20 min cool down
I felt okay all day and when I finished my warmup and got ready to race my body felt terrible. We went through the first quarter in 59 then right at 1:59 at the half and that was it for me, so I stopped. I felt HORRIBLE. Then I decided to come back like 15-20 min later and run the 800. Yep I DNF'd that too. 55 through the quarter and then 1:24 through the 600 meters. SO then my legs locked up on me so I just stopped.

Wed - Easy jogging

Thurs - 1 hour at Twin Lakes Trail - Legs feel terrible

Fri - 50 minutes easy at BXR path - not feeling very good lately

Sat - 30 min + strides

Sun - MAC Championships @ White Plains HS - 3k steeple - 9:28
My race was supposed to start at 9 am. I got there at 8 and my race, which was the first, did not start till 10:30am. Worst run meet I have ever seen. I went out a little too fast in the race, 68 first then 2:20 then 4:46 at the half. I just felt very tired and was really the only one in the race. Then I actually fell on the last water jump. When I landed my foot slipped on the incline and came to a skid on the floor. That did not help anything. I am getting very frustrated.

No comments: