Friday, November 21, 2008

Back in New York for a bit

One of the major issues for me right now up in Orono is a lack of money. So on last Thursday I decided that coming home to work at the Running Company would be the best best in order to pay rent. Having $40 in the bank account is not necessarily the best thing. Running has been getting better over the past few weeks as well. I have been somewhere between 70-80 miles a week I believe. Nothing crazy, just slowly increasing the miles, and started doing workouts about a week to a week and a half ago. More tempo and five minute pace right now than anything. I am gonna focus on Aerobic strength over the next few weeks to few months with an emphasis on hills. I believe that hills really make me, personally, stronger than any other workout. Jeff Caron is back in New England and look forward to beating him in the first thing that I can think of. Most likely will be drinking related but not guaranteed. OK I will guarantee that it is drinking related.

I also think that since I have been home I have developed a smaller than normal gambling problem. I also think that the way to get out of a gambling problem is to gamble more.

Fri 11/21
- 3 pm - 10 miles on Colonial Greenway, 1 hr 5 min. 6xstrides
Thurs 11/20 - 8 am - 5 miles on OCA. 4pm - 7 miles on Treadmill at store.
Wed. 11/19 - 9 miles on Bronx River Bike path
Tues 11/18 - 6:30pm - 2.5 warmup, drills, 4x1200 (2:37-2:41), 3.5 cooldown
Mon 11/17 - 7am - 10 miles w/ Joseph, Stanley and Mike at Rockies, Pretty dam fast
Sun 11/16 - 9am - 16 miles with Stephen, Richard Kiplagat, Aidan Walsh and some other 2:09 marathon guy at Rockies. First part was pretty relaxed but then we hammered the second half of the run.
Sat 11/15
- OFF - Watched NCAA DI Regionals at Vanny
Fri 11/14 - 1 hour at Vanny with the Maine team
Thur 11/13 10 miles at Colonial Greenway, felt pretty relaxed after 7 hour drive back to NY
Wed 11/12 - 9 miles from apt in Stillwater. 4 min faster than normal
Tues 11/11 - 3 mile warmup, 1 mile 4:55, 27 min of 2 min on 1 min off, 3 mile CD
Mon 11/10 - 7 miles in AM with Donny real easy, 5 miles PM with Jette
Sun 11/09 - 14+ miles at Eagle Lake, Bar Harbor with Goode and Judson Cake, ridiculously hilly run, but I really liked it. Jette and Bridget came with us and they did their own run. Ate a very expensive breakfast afterwards.
Sat 11/08 - 3 mile warmup, 5x1000 (3:06) on Bangor track with Goode and Brenna, 3 mile cooldown
Fri 11/07 - 9-10 miles