Thursday, April 10, 2008

Signed up for a few meets

Ok, so the other day I booked 2 plane tickets. The first one was to LA to race on June 7th at the USATF Southern California Championships, which was the first meet that I ran at last year out in Cali. The other plane ticket is for the Oregon Twilight meet on May 9th. The only worry that I have about the Oregon Twilight is that I booked a plane ticket buuuuuuuut I am not sure whether or not I will be accepted. Kinda risky, but I would think that my times are good enough, but I just have to wait to hear back.

My first race is lined up for next Friday down at Princeton at the Larry Ellis Invitational where I will be running the 1500. Should be a good opener, not too crazy of competition but should still be very good. Then probably one more, maybe the Yale Springtime Invite where I would run the 800. Then off to Oregon. The Oregon meet will be sweet cause I will be meeting up with Jeff Caron on the 2nd plane that goes from Salt Lake City to Eugene, then hopefully we will be staying at the same hotel which is right across from campus. I hope that everything works out with the meet because I am really excited thinking about it.

New news about my housing as well. In a few weeks I will most likely be moving into an Apt. in Riverdale down in the Bronx like 1.5 miles from Van Cortlandt with Stephen and 2 other guys on the team. The apt. is pretty kick ass, really roomy, ridiculously nice area, quiet and really close to great training.


Thurs. April 10, 2008
9 miles w/ Josh at Rockies at 7 am

Wed. April 09, 2008
9 miles by myself on Bronx River Bikepath

Tues. April 08, 2008
3 mile warmup, 2x1200 1x800, 4 mile cooldown
(3:26, 3:24, 2:05)

Mon. April 07, 2008
8 miles on BRX bike path plus strides

Sun. April 06, 2008
14 miles w/ masters crew at Rockies - legs were a little tired. Ran the hilly side of the park and were moving at a good clip.

Sat. April 05, 2008
2.5 mile warmup, 1200 tempo, 6x400 hills, 6x150 hills, 3.5 mile cooldown
Good strong workout

Fri. April 04, 2008
9 miles w/ Stephen at the Rockies - River loop - Strides

Thurs. April 03, 2008
9 miles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.