Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nothing Like Catching Something

So Yesterday morning I woke up for my normal 1 hour morning run with Josh before work. Well I only went about 32 minutes. During the run I started getting more and more tired, my stomach became mroe and more unsettled and just overall started feeling shitty. So I decided to cut it short today and cut my loses, well that wasn't really the start of my loses. The routine on Wednesday mornings usually consist of Josh and I running, going to my house, eating breakfast and showering up for work and leaving by 9:40am. Today we got back to the house a little early from cutting the run short, and as soon as I got home it started hitting me. I began getting real dizzy and nauseated. So natural things happened from that point, which I call puking and the Black Crap of Death. Naming those things should be good enough for visual interpretation. So at about 8:30am I gave Josh my car keys and told him to stay as long as he wanted to because I was going to bed and not to work today. I then went upstairs and slept for a good 6 hours straight. I was not hungry, not thirsty, only a dead weight in my bed. I woke up at like 2:30 and began to move around, and by move around I mean I went down to the basement with gatorade and watched my 40" TV while laying on the couch. So eventually I ate some toast and honey, then some eggs and toast, which was followed later by; you guessed it, toast. By the end of the night I was feeling a lot better and ready to rejoin the world, and by that I mean play video games.

I am not really sure what did that to me yesterday. It could have been a 24 hour bug or some new honey that I had tried the night before. I know your thinking well its only honey. Well this was as raw as honey can get; I mean it still had the pollen and honeycomb on it. So in my opinion it was one or the other. Either way I am feeling better today, but might still take the day off to fully regain my strength.

Other than that running has been going well, and there is an option of racing next Saturday down at Duke for the Duke Invitational. Other than that things are pretty much the same, Easter came and went, Spring is coming quick and racing is gonna be here soon. I have no idea what kind of shape I am in, I feel strong, but not fast yet, which is alright with me at this point. I am not hurt and my body actually feels pretty dam good. Now if I can only sack up and do all my strengthening stuff after work I will be a lot happier. Mileage you can probably figure out if you read the blogs is roughly around 70 miles a week, sometimes a little less if I take a day off or if I am dying with Honey poisioning.

Wed. Mar. 26, 2008
32 minutes easy (Sick)

Tues. Mar. 25, 2008 - 35 degrees and VERY windy
3 mile warmup, (1200, 2x800, 400), 3 mile cooldown
(3:34, 2:13, 2:13, 60)

Mon. Mar. 24, 2008
50 minutes at a steady clip - Bronx River bike path

Sun. Mar. 23, 2008 ( Easter Sunday )
1 hour 15 minutes at Kensico Dam

Sat. Mar. 22, 2008
2.5 mile warmup, 2x2min hill, 5x80sec hill, 3x40sec hill, 3.5 mile cooldown

Fri. Mar. 21, 2008
1 hour 9 minutes with Stephen and James at Rockies, Felt really relaxed and had great run.

Thur. Mar. 20, 2008
1 hour run

Wed. Mar. 19, 2008
1 hour run with Josh - Other side of Rockies, hilly side

Tues. Mar. 18, 2008
3 mile warmup, 1 mile tempo, 4x800, 3 mile cooldown
800's were supposed to be 2:18, 2:18, 2:15, 2:15, with a slower first lap and a quicker 2nd lap, like normal. It was pretty windy and we were a little slower on the first couple. (2:21, 2:20, 2:18, 2:11)

No comments: