Monday, May 10, 2010

Running for NB Boston

It has been about 9 months since I last posted something, so I figured since I have moved my life again and have been enjoying it, I might as well share.

I moved up to Boston about 7 weeks ago and have been running with NB Boston. I couldn't be happier with the training I am getting and the team with which I am training. This is what I feel that I have been missing for the past few years with my running. Also, in addition to me missing a team, I have apparently been missing Iron over the winter. For a long time I was feeling really crappy with my running and things were just not going well. I eventually felt I needed to take Iron, so I took Iron for a few days and then decided to get blood work. I had been taking the pills for about a week before I got the blood work, and when I got the results they said everything was normal. This I could not believe for the life of me, so I asked for a copy of the results. Like anything with blood work, there is a range. The thing I was looking for was my serum ferratin levels and the "normal" range is 15-300 for men. Typically, they say that an athlete cannot function below 20, mine was 23...after a week of Iron. So I have been taking Iron since, which has been about 3 months and it has made an amazing difference. I just feel that I can do all the aerobic work that I couldn't do all winter.

I am not going to go crazy with this post, because its just an update. Currently I am living in Lexington, MA with Jeff Caron and things are looking up.

I also had my first race of the year.

Penn Relays Olympic Development 3k Steeplechase - 9:07.56

....and it felt pretty aerobically easy

No comments: